Thursday, November 9, 2006

Playing tourist is quite exciting and funny

Today we decided to take a break from painting the house and "play" a little.

Since we are AAA members and Fla. residents, Ray and I decided to take advantage of our membership and resident perks, and took a trek over to Busch Gardens in Tampa with my parents and brother Jimmy.

As this is the "off season", some of the park was closed down due to renovations and some of the more popular animals were not there to "entertain" us, but we still had plenty to keep us busily entertained.

First off, Mom and I couldn't resist trying on hats as soon as we got inside the gates (we were "fighting" over the hamburger hat and look at who "won").
Oh well I guess I could be the "Court" jester for the day at least.











We saw quite a few animals, the alligators















Gorillas



Pigs














Porcupines


We even got to see a celebrity (one I was quite thrilled about "meeting"). As Blogger is giving me a fit right now and not allowing me to upload any additional photos, stay tuned and find out who this "celebrity" was (I'll at least give you a hint, "hee haw").

Ray and I even went on Sheikra, the first dive roller coaster that carries riders up 200 feet at 45 degrees, holds you in the air for 5 seconds while looking straight down towards the ground, then hurtles riders 70 mph toward the ground at a 90-degree angle, and includes a second 90-degree 138-foot drop through an underground tunnel. It was the best rush.

Well, I better get some rest, tomorrow our touristy days continue as we are off to visit the Mouse (Mickey that is) at his house (better known as Walt Disney World) for more enjoyment and hopefully some additional celebrity sightings.

Stay tuned.

No comments: