Friday, November 17, 2006

Happy Birthday Mom (and Damion too)


Today is a special day, it is my mom's birthday and my great nephew's birthday too, both of which are very special people in my life.

When growing up, Mom and I weren't that close, now mind you, we did get along and we did do things together (Mom and daughter things), but as I "grew up" (okay who am I kidding, I haven't grown up, I just have gotten "older and wiser" hehe) and became an adult, Mom and I have become the bestest of friends. We laugh together, we cry together, and talk on the phone all the time (sometimes between 10-15 times a night). It is the coolest thing (I hope Chynna and I have this type of relationship someday).

Well today is Mom's birthday. I think she's.......okay she'd kill me if I tell you how old she is, but I can say she was born on the exact day that a new world air speed record 606 mph (975 kph) set by HJ Wilson of RAF, and things cost:

A car: $1,250
Gasoline: 21 cents/gal
House: $10,000





Bread: 9 cents/loaf


Milk: 62 cents/gal



Postage Stamp: 3 cents
Average Annual Salary: $2,900
Minimum Wage: 40 cents per hour

Pretty cool stuff.

Now join in and sing along with me (sing loud, and sing proud): HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU (AND MEN---EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE MORE)!!!

And Damion, the cutie he is, turned 2 years old today (wow where does that time go), just for fun here is a comparison of the cost of things the year Damion was born:

A car: $21,000
Gasoline: $1.50/gal
House: $145,000
Bread: $1.05/loaf
Milk: $3.57/gal
Postage stamp: 37 cents
Average annual salary: $55,000
Minimum wage: $6.90

Now it's time to sing to Damion:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR DAMION, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU (AND MEN---EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE MORE)!!!


Hope your day is filled with loads of fun and lots of happiness and gifts galore.

No comments: