Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Accidental Adoption...borrowed from Janet


I saw this posted on Janet's blog and I just had to "borrow" it (sorry Janet, but it was too good to not re-post here for my friends and family too)....




"Accidental Adoption"

Have you ever noticed that you hear all the time about "accidental"pregnancies, but never about couples who experience "accidental" adoptions? Can you imagine:


Her: Honey, sit down. I have some news for you.

Him: What is it?

Her: Well, I don't know how to say this, so I'll just come out with it. I went to the mailbox today and... well, we got a 171-H.

Him: A what?!? A 171-H? As in, we're going to have a(nother) baby?!?

Her: It looks that way.

Him: But how? We've been so careful! I put away all the blank I-600A forms. Didn't you hide our homestudy update?

Her: Of course I did, but don't forget, there was that one night..

Him: What night? (pauses) Ohhh, that night, But it was only once. We were just messing around. I didn't print clearly. I didn't even use ink! (pauses again) But it was kind of fun. (giggles). It was, wasn't it?

Her: I'll never forget how cute you looked getting your fingerprints.

Him: So now we've got our 171-H, eh? But that doesn't always mean you'll adopt, does it? I mean, shouldn't you see the agency or something, make sure everything's okay?

Her: I already did.

Him: And?

Her: I'm five documents along.

Him: Five documents! And they're all notarized, certified and authenticated okay?

Her: Just great. There was one small scare when the agency couldn't see the Notary's middle initial but it showed up just fine under the magnifying glass. Thankfully.

Him: And you, honey? Are you feeling okay?

Her: I'm feeling fine. As long as I know you're happy about this.

Him: Happy? I'm thrilled! It's always a shock at first when something like this happens, but of course I'm happy.

-Author Unknown

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

How funny! The crazy thing is, I have some friends who did accidentally adopt.

-MW

redmaryjanes said...

That is very cute!

Elizabeth said...

OMG I Love that post! Hilarious! Of course you borrowed it, it's too good to keep to yourself.

Tamara said...

Yep- if you havn't experienced it it's hard to imagine all the hoops you have to jump through!

dawn said...

It's great isn't it. I have seen it a couple of times but still HAVE to read it through.

Pug Mama said...

way too funny!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

No apologies necessary, my friend! I don't mind at ALL! Something like that is free for the taking! (as far as I'm concerned!)

Susie said...

Too funny!

Steffie B. said...

I've heard this one too.....it's quite cute!

Mom 2 six said...

Oh how cute !!

Jewels of My Heart said...

Too Funny! If only it were that easy.