Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Some zoo photos

Okay, I promised I would post some of the pictures from my trip to the zoo, and yet I haven't...I just didn't have time yet to organize them in the fashion I wanted...I took lots and lots of pictures....it really wasn't that hot out and I can't wait til Chynna comes home so we can take her and share in the zoo animals...there was lots of tree coverage and you walked on this really nice boardwalk throughout on these wetlands....really nice....

anyway, as if you are surprised...guess what they had at the zoo at the herbatorium??? yup you guessed it FROGS....so until I can organize better....here are some of the frog pictures:

This one is an African frog, we were told he has teeth (yes teeth) and is a meat eater....scary!!! and he is fat and happy too!!



This is a tomato frog...looks like a tomato too doesn't he??? Watch out, he may hide in your salad!!!



And lastly for now, these little blue things are the poison dart frogs...what a gorgeous blue they are, but watch out, they could hurt you (if you try to eat em or lick em, but hey what are you doing trying to lick a frog, sicko!! hehe)....


I promise more pictures from our trip to the zoo later (and they aren't all frogs!!)....

13 comments:

tundrachica said...

Awesome frogs...we may have to check out the zoo too come time for our lil trip.

Andrea said...

Sounds like fun!!

4D said...

I thought frogs were friends. Yikes!

Keep smilin!

Emmie said...

Not a big fan of frogs but I still enjoyed the photos...keep them commin! :)

redmaryjanes said...

Love all of the frogs! That one is huge!!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

My kids have always thought that poison dart frogs are fascinating. The aborigine people take the poison out of them and put them on arrows. Amazing!

dawn said...

That African frog is one big ugly mother but the blue guys aren't to bad!

Steffie B. said...

ok.....you know you are gagging me raw! lol

Holly said...

WOAH! That first picture...that is a huge frog.

Elisa...life as we know it. said...

That african frog is huge...I wouldn't want to kiss him though...not with teeth!!

Gracie said...

Very cool! I am a little scared of frogs though!

Unknown said...

Love zoo pics..Those are cool!

C's Mom said...

Something just feels wrong about a frog with choppers!