Thursday, July 12, 2007

The last installment of the trip to the zoo...

Okay, here are the final bits of the pictures of my trip to the zoo (I can't believe I have lived here all my life and have never been, not even a field trip with school)...

Back in the herbatorium, besides the frogs, frogs, and frogs, were other reptiles otherwise known as snakes, snakes, snakes....they didn't freak me out as bad as what they fed the snakes....you all know my fear of mice/rats, well laying on plates (yes plates) for these snakes were dead rats....I just about had to leave the herbatorium, if it wasn't for the frogs, I'd have had to run from that building... this is the one picture of a snake I took that didn't have "lunch" in the picture...it is the Egyptian cobra:


Speaking of lunch, this croc was looking for his lunch, waiting oh so patiently, but I didn't feel like Sunday was a good day for me to be his lunch, so onward I moved...


until I came upon this bridge. As I was crossing the bridge I hear this "who's that stomping across my bridge"....but lo and behold, the Billy Goat Gruff came to my rescue, ridding the bridge of the nasty troll, and allowing us to cross (my hero)...notice in the background the one goat trying to escape??? okay he really is standing up being fed by the children...


Over on the other side of the zoo, the emus were having a meeting...I believe they were discussing whether or not to fly south for the winter....then they realized they were south, and they like an ostrich couldn't fly....maybe they should relax like their "cage mates"....


the kangaroos....what a lazy day for them....


All in all, we had a great day, and really look forward to many more visits with Chynna!!

5 comments:

Holly said...

Oh I am not a snake fan! They scare me!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Oh, I love the goat! They're my favourite!

redmaryjanes said...

The goat is my favorite!

dawn said...

Me no likey any scaley slimey things. You tell the best stories. I wanna go to your zoo too

Deb said...

Chynna is going to LOVE story time with Mommy ;O)