Sunday, July 9, 2006

Working on the nursery

Sorry it has been a few days since posting last. I have been trying to be pretty consistent and post in the morning each day, however, this weekend, I started slacking but decided to update tonite and bring you up on the progress of our getting ready for our baby girl to come home.

We have pretty much finished the painting in the nursery (it's a light lilac, with a light light pink border), and are getting ready to retile the floors in there (it's been a few weeks or a month or so since we purchased the tile so I am ashamed to admit that I don't remember what color it is, but I do remember that we both really loved it a lot). I put the finishing touches on the walls with fairies, bugs (such as butterflies, ladybugs, and centipedes), and stars, which really added to the boring but beautifully painted walls. I do need to get some more fairies to complete the one wall.

Next we are working on the closest. I know I want to get closest organizers, and clear tote boxes (for all her toys and such), so I am looking at those next.

We are fortunate enough to have some great friends who are giving us baby furniture, so I am unsure what colors the furniture will be but am quite grateful that Mike and his wonderful wife have thought enough about us to donate their baby furniture to us.

I walk into her room, and think "someday, someday this room will be filled with laughter, tears, and lots of love" and hopefully that day will come sooner than we expect.

No comments: