Thursday, July 6, 2006

7/7 we will be DTC

Well baby girl, tomorrow we will be officially DTC. We will be coming to get you soon (well a girl can dream can't she).

My dh has been really excited talking about how he can't wait to be a dad. Of course when our dd gets on his nerves or is misbehaving, I will of course have to remind him how excited we were to become first time parents, and how we petitioned, and paperchased, and waited, and worried, and hoped, and did lots of praying to have her as part of our lives. I am sure he will be thrilled to have me remind him then. But hey what are good wives for anyhow if not to remind our dh when he was happy, and excited, and nervous. The before-child stage, the time when we as adults think we know how to be parents, how to actually raise our child, the what to do and what not to do to be good parents.

I saw this commercial this afternoon, where they say "a child changes everything". This of course could be taken either way. Now don't get me wrong, I know we will be great parents, but I am nervous. How will we know what is right? I guess it is a play it by ear kinda thing, a just jump in and "parent", a learn it as you go. Just to know my dh and I are in this together, I think we can make it as long as we stick together during the long haul.

Chynna, here we come (at a turtle's pace if you ask me).

No comments: