Saturday, April 14, 2007

And an amazing time was had by all....

What a great time we had this evening, and we all felt like we have known each other for quite some time and not that we were meeting for the first time tonite...Dawn so kindly brought her book of their adoption of Lily, and it was so amazing...I loved hearing about their experiences, and meeting them was great...

Lily seemed a little shy of me at first, but after a short time, we hit it off really well, and what an amazing little girl she is (and funny...yes Dawn I agree with her I was too heavy for that little chair, hehe)...here's some photos of Miss Lily:

This was when we first met Lily, Dawn and Jacob...see she's not too sure of us yet...










And this is after a short while...


















And this is at the end of the night showing us her triangle she custom made from her fortune cookie...











and they so very kindly gave Chynna this gorgeous dress and matching hat (thank you again Dawn, Jacob, and Lily....):



I hope we stay in touch and continue our friendship for many years to come!!!

9 comments:

Polar Bear said...

What a lovely little dress. I'm so glad that you had a good time.

C's Mom said...

What a fun get together! That dress is gorgeous :0)

redmaryjanes said...

They are such a wonderful family. I'm glad that you got to meet them. The dress is just beautiful!

aimeeg said...

They seem like a wonderful family! Glad you had fun, and what a gorgeous dress!

JMCS said...

That's so swesome. I am so happy to see what a fun time you guys had and what a beautiful dress for Chynna. :)

Hugs,
Jonni
www.journeytosofia.com

dawn said...

Dannye, the pleasure was all ours.

Steffie B. said...

I thought about you guys all weekend....I'm so glad you had a wonderful time and got a little touch of what it will be like when you bring your own baby home! ;)

Nikki said...

I saw some pics on Dawn's blog too and am so happy you all had such a nice time.
Lily really seemed to love you and Ray -- how cool is that!?
I really want to meet that little cutie-pie!
Love the dress and hat for Chynna...looks like Blueberry Blvd brand, is it?
(Lily has several of those and I love 'em)

4D said...

Sounds like a great time!

Keep smilin!