Friday, June 8, 2007

Scientists find 24 species of frogs in Suriname


In this photograph released by Conservation International on Monday, June 4, 2007, an Atelopus frog is shown in this March 2006 file photo taken at the Nassau Mountains, eastern Suriname. Scientists said Monday that they have discovered 24 new species of wildlife in the remote plateaus of eastern Suriname, including this frog with fluorescent purple markings discovered by Surinamese scientists Paul Ouboter and Jan Mol. [AP]


[[[don'tcha just love it when "new frogs" are discovered????]]]

11 comments:

Polar Bear said...

That is one of the coolest frogs I have ever seen!!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Are you sure that's real? WOwsers.

JMCS said...

Cool frogs! I don't mean to be stupid, but where is Suriname?

your geographically challenged friend,
Jonni
:)

tundrachica said...

Hi Dannye...thought I would drop in after all this time. Would you email me so I can get your email? tundrachica at hotmail dot com. I have some questions for ya. :)

tundrachica said...

BTW...Awesome frog. You'd be proud. I put a frog puzzle together this morning. :)

Steffie B. said...

Ok....the frog is kinda cool....but they still gag me! lol

Anonymous said...

That is one cool looking frog.

kitchu said...

That is freaky deaky awesome.

Beckyb said...

That is THE COOLEST frog EVER - yep, I'm glad they are finding more - I LOVE little cute reptiles - Take that Stef!!!!

Beckyb said...

Started thinking about my comment and realized that frogs are amphibians - SO - I love those too!!!!

C's Mom said...

I am in love with that frog...purdylicious.